Pages

17 November, 2010

Santa Claus is coming to town

I love Christmas.

Although some times I'm a real bah hum bug.

Mostly, I love Christmas.

Hearing Bing Crosby's White Christmas evokes a comfort and warmth that really oozes holiday spirit.  Although technically the "warmth" part of it is probably because it's so darn hot at Christmas time in Australia!  But none the less I picture soft, white snow falling gently outside a double French window while an open fire crackles and the family sit around talking, laughing sipping on egg nog and wearing crass homemade knitted jumpers. (or was that a movie I saw?)

There's just something about Christmas.

I love walking through malls draped in Christmas decorations (but can't stand the crowds).  I love hearing Mariah Carey's All I want for Christmas is You (but can't stand how expensive everything is) and I love watching Home Alone.

But there is one image of Christmas that I love above all else and that is Christmas in New York.  I have never been to New York during winter but I'd like to image that it is a magical place during the festive season.



File:New York Christmas tree and skating-rink.jpg





Merry Christmas to All & Happy Holidays.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...